Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My New Room


I’m super excited to show you guys what I’ve been working on throughout the summer.  I am blessed to have a new position this year.  I am now an Instructional coach.  I am really excited about this because I get the chance to work with teachers to help them with whatever their instructional needs may be.
So, while I do not have a classroom, I have a bookroom!  There are two instructional coaches at my school, so we share the room.  It’s a pretty large room that was filled with tons of books, things people didn’t want, and other items that were just thrown on in the room. We got to work on the room in July.  We had to reorganize lots of items, and boy did it take time! This is a look at what the room looked like before we got started on the makeover.
Add caption

 

Here are some pictures of what the room looked like after we finished.  We are so happy that there is space to walk! The teachers love it too because they can come in and find what they are looking for in a breeze.  I am so happy we finished. 
 
 
 

 

We finished our makeover with a celebration.  My buddy Latoya over at Flying into First gave us a wonderful idea to showcase our room.  We invited all the teachers in to “Books and Bagels” so they could tour the room learn about all the resources it has to offer. Thanks for the great idea Latoya!
 
 Now that the room is finished we are ready for an awesome year of coaching!!

 

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome!! I'm sure the teachers at your school are so grateful!

    All the best,
    Laura
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete