Friday, October 31, 2014

Five for Friday Link Up

        I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
                         This weeks has been pretty good!



On Monday I attended The SCORE Prize event.  This is a big deal for schools in Tennessee.  The prize is awarded to schools throughout the state who have shown a significant amount of growth and achievement.  My aunt was on the selection committee.  I had a great time networking with other professionals and watching the schools get awarded.

I finally put up a data wall.  I got this cute idea from Pinterest from a teacher blogger whose site is schoolgirlstyle.com.  My flowers don't look nearly as cute as hers, but this will do.  The data is based on reading levels from Fountas and Pinnell.  I love it because it was easy for my students to understand and it is very decorative. 


This week we worked on research about spiders and did some  writing to go along with Diary of a Spider.  The kids had a great time learning about these creepy creatures.  I think some of them were a little spooked!  We had a great time with this assignment. 

Technically this happened last Friday night, but I didn't get a chance to blog about it.  My school had a Fall Festival.  The kids loved it!  My team did a photo booth for the kids with props.  It was a great time!


Can you guess what we will be doing this afternoon?  That's right, Halloween PARTY!  My kids are super excited.  They brought in lots of good treats to share with each other.  We are going to have a blast!!!
                  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment